Thank you for your interest in the programs and services at the Marjorie Barrick Museum. Tours are currently self-guided, and activities should be planned prior to a visit to make the experience an educational one. There is no admission fee.
Get the Most From Your Visit
We recommend you visit the museum or talk to a museum staff member to get an understanding of the current exhibits before bringing your class. Helping your students understand exhibits is essential, and you should prepare them in advance for their visit. Focus your students on a few things that you select relating to the work being done in the classroom, and then provide suitable follow-up activities.
Formulate simple questions that encourage the use of observational skills that are independent of any prior knowledge about the content of the exhibit. Help your students use the exhibits effectively, and then construct simple activities that you and your chaperones can use while viewing the museum. Don’t forget to tour the beautiful Xeriscape Garden.
School Tour Guidelines
School tours are subject to the following guidelines:
- Reservations are required for all group visits of 15 or more. Space is limited, so please make your reservations as early as possible, preferably two weeks in advance, with confirmation by letter or by calling 702-895-3381.
- Tour groups are limited to a maximum of 35 students. If your group is larger, special arrangements may be made.
- Tours are scheduled between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays. A time slot of 45 minutes is recommended for the best visit to the museum.
- Pre-high school groups are required to be chaperoned by one adult per 15 children. Adult supervisors are expected to remain with their groups at all times during a visit. Museum staff cannot accept responsibility for supervising groups.
- Please make sure your group does not run inside the building. No food, drinks, backpacks, or large bags are allowed in the exhibit areas.
- The museum can accommodate only a limited number of visitors at any given time. As a courtesy to other visitors, if you are unable to be here on your scheduled day, please notify us immediately to cancel or reschedule your visit. Your cooperation will enable us to accommodate another group in your place.
- There is a bus drop-off area directly in front of our north entrance. Buses can remain parked in the drop-off zone while your group is touring the facility.
- Metered public parking is available in the adjacent parking lot. Get additional visitor information.
For more information or to schedule a tour, contact us